Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Entrepreneur in You - Time to discover it.

I am a partner in a healthcare technology startup. As an entrepreneur I am discovering a new world separate from that of the corporate world. It is a completely separate network of connections filled with investors, connectors and advisors who are interested and willing to invest their knowledge, resources and finances toward the successful launch of your businesses. Never have I experienced such support and encouragement. Maybe it is because I am a woman with 20 years of corporate experience or a leader in a business vertical with connections. Regardless, I find the environment to be just as competitive as the corporate world, but one that is more rewarding. There is a freedom that comes with entrepreneurship. Yet, you must be at peace with the fact that there may be a deferred financial gratification.

I find myself advocating not only for myself like never before, but for the people and mission I believe in. I have found a renewed sense of purpose in my life that is driven by my gifts and talents acquired thus far. We all are on a journey through life. Some journeys are tumultuous and discouraging, while others are invigorating and uplifting. It is up to each of us to discover where we can maximize our gifts and, thus, our purpose. For this is where we find our greatest happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment